View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
The Death of Warlord? 
Command Staff
Command Staff

Really, Uthy could still play if he wanted to. Whenever he sleeps over, all we do is play Warlord. :D

"How wonderful is it that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." --Anne Frank

Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:48 am
Funky Die Fu
Funky Die Fu

Ned wrote:
Call me a freak, but the decks that i have the most fun with are the Warlords that most people will not play.

At Distracticon I ran Andeel in Epic Singles. I didn't win, but the look on my opponent's face when I boosted Andeel with Salace, or said no you may not play Bear Soul b/c you are only lvl 3, was PRICELESS!

The Oklahoma Games HQ group is growing. We play competitively, and keep it fun.

Even more fun is watching someone's face when you put down Andeel and they are playing Brikta. :twisted: :lol:

Our playgroup in Amesbury lost alot of the better kid players because they had the nerve to go on to high school and worry about girls and sports. :) Sir James is one of our few remaining "kid" players that has any potential. The others are pretty sad...

Agreed on Brikta!! :lol: .

Skirts and sports can be tough to beat, but I hope you guys are able to replenish your group with quality players anyway!

Good luck and Good gaming!

Steven Brust et al

Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:17 pm
Profile YIM
Command Staff
Command Staff

It's cold up here. No one wears skirts at this point. :P

"How wonderful is it that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." --Anne Frank

Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:27 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

Call me a freak, but the decks that i have the most fun with are the Warlords that most people will not play.

At Distracticon I ran Andeel in Epic Singles. I didn't win, but the look on my opponent's face when I boosted Andeel with Salace, or said no you may not play Bear Soul b/c you are only lvl 3, was PRICELESS!

The Oklahoma Games HQ group is growing. We play competitively, and keep it fun.

I can still remember the cries of 'broken' When Andeel was released. Echoing from wall to wall, canyon to canyon.

Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:36 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

I don't remember cries of broken, just that it nuked the Brine Fiend starts.

Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:37 pm
Warlord
Warlord

But then people realized that the timing made their head hurt, and rather than deal with that they just wouldn't play him all together. :lol:

And mention of Brikta makes me think, she will be amazing with this set. :lol:

Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:40 pm
Profile WWW
Spammer Supreme
Spammer Supreme

True... but everyone still wears flip flops with no socks even though it is like 35 degrees out... and then complain about being cold... kids are dumb...

We don't really have any kids coming up in the middle school that seem to have any potential to be "good players". Instead they are just fodder for Bent and I to obliterate and toy with.

Nah Zaxdad is just that good he doesn't even have to post in a thread to win it. :rofl:
-Geoff

Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:40 pm
Initiate
Initiate

Warlord dead your funny, it has the coolest thing out there the medusan lords !!!! I haven't played much as of recent but man I finally solved the khalek puzzle and it made me happy. I will find another one to solve soon I think. Is there any for type 1 left or are they all type 2...?
AS for highlander being dead you should check it out again Ramirez is in 20 days. There are cards still being made from the raven sets to the 2nd edition not to mention MLE if that is your thing...

Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:57 am
Overlord in Training
Overlord in Training

Kilts, OTOH .... :roll:

Zaxdad wrote:
We don't really have any kids coming up in the middle school that seem to have any potential to be "good players". Instead they are just fodder for Bent and I to obliterate and toy with.

Talk to bonefish about a middle school development program -- get them hooked while they are young. :D

Anyway, I really have confidence in AEG that we are going to see a revival in the game. Once the Warlord side of things settles, we're going to really see it come back. The next set looks great, the SD promotion is really looking good, and the SD set is just on the edge, having us waiting in anticipation. I haven't seen this level of excitement over the game in quite some time.

Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:07 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Assuming the set after PoS doesn't take six months to get released.

Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:19 am
Blue Dice of Doom
Blue Dice of Doom

the set after Plane of Secrets? - Expect that in June.

The Set after that? - we are shifting planets from their natural orbit in order to attempt to have it pre-releasing at GenCon.

~ I am always leery of making promises I cannot back up. I hate being a liar. Just consider this little posting a statement of intent. ~

Richard Carter - 2002 (Scrub player), 2003 (undefeated Swiss with Kerebrus), 2004 (4th at KOHIT with Dezicrah), 2005 (Dragonlord & World Conquest Team), 2006 (Editor, PDT member, & Majeral runner), 2007 ( Medusan Lord, & Bobby Zebrowski's Hero), 2008 (Ghed Jaroslav, Soul of the Storm, 4e Design Team), 2009 (Soul of the Storm falls, Gixu the Jester rises), 2010 (Jernar Thanatoc falls), 2011 (Bobby Zebrowski's sloppy second Gixu), 2012 (Driver of Atu the Fallen)

Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:25 am
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

I love how Rich can kill a "Death of Warlord" thread. :D

Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:39 pm
Blue Dice of Doom
Blue Dice of Doom

I tried to kill it earlier, but some folks have a thing for :horse:

Richard Carter - 2002 (Scrub player), 2003 (undefeated Swiss with Kerebrus), 2004 (4th at KOHIT with Dezicrah), 2005 (Dragonlord & World Conquest Team), 2006 (Editor, PDT member, & Majeral runner), 2007 ( Medusan Lord, & Bobby Zebrowski's Hero), 2008 (Ghed Jaroslav, Soul of the Storm, 4e Design Team), 2009 (Soul of the Storm falls, Gixu the Jester rises), 2010 (Jernar Thanatoc falls), 2011 (Bobby Zebrowski's sloppy second Gixu), 2012 (Driver of Atu the Fallen)

Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:48 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

So you mean to tell me there are supposed to be sets released in june and in august!? Holy crap! :shock: Thats barely enough time to get adjusted to the new cards from Pos!

Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:55 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

So you mean to tell me there are supposed to be sets released in june and in august!? Holy crap! Thats barely enough time to get adjusted to the new cards from Pos!

Quiet you! Don't make them second-guess that release schedule. I'd rather have less time rather than more.

- e

Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next