View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
The Death of Warlord? 
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Location: Not Hell..., but you can see it from here,and on a clear day, the beach!.

Where my pony?

TM

Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Location: Not Hell..., but you can see it from here,and on a clear day, the beach!.

My post made it 5.

Horrified,
The Maker

Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Initiate
Initiate

Awwww Crap!

My post made it 5.

Horrified,
The Maker

Thanks to everyone who made this possible. :twisted: :rofl: :horse:

The ancient Greeks believed that the brain was for cooling the blood. And when I need to cool my blood, don't I use my brain to order a cold beer?
The weather is here. Wish you were beautiful.

Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:07 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

Zechnophobe wrote:
I can still remember the cries of 'broken' When Andeel was released. Echoing from wall to wall, canyon to canyon.

Be fair, Zech: there are cries of "broken!" when any card is released. Admittedly, people like me were way off about Andeel, but not more so than the ones who overreacted at the first sight of Crucin Bascar, Baron Bastein, or Vakeros. I think that the difficulty of reacting to spoilers is often underestimated by you card-designing types.

And you don't really care.

Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:47 pm
Overlord in Training
Overlord in Training

Hey, why stop now!
Zechnophobe wrote:
I can still remember the cries of 'broken' When Andeel was released. Echoing from wall to wall, canyon to canyon.

Be fair, Zech: there are cries of "broken!" when any card is released. Admittedly, people like me were way off about Andeel, but not more so than the ones who overreacted at the first sight of Crucin Bascar, Baron Bastein, or Vakeros. I think that the difficulty of reacting to spoilers is often underestimated by you card-designing types.

You're just mad because Arden Tide is broken.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:24 am
Initiate
Initiate

Medusan_Exile wrote:
Hey, why stop now!
Zechnophobe wrote:

:jacked: :lol:

The ancient Greeks believed that the brain was for cooling the blood. And when I need to cool my blood, don't I use my brain to order a cold beer?
The weather is here. Wish you were beautiful.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:11 am
Command Staff
Command Staff

Medusan_Exile wrote:
Hey, why stop now!
Zechnophobe wrote:

Are you saying that the new Freek is Arden Tide? Or are you saying something else? If so what?

Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:35 am
Funky Die Fu
Funky Die Fu

Ned wrote:
Call me a freak, but the decks that i have the most fun with are the Warlords that most people will not play.

At Distracticon I ran Andeel in Epic Singles. I didn't win, but the look on my opponent's face when I boosted Andeel with Salace, or said no you may not play Bear Soul b/c you are only lvl 3, was PRICELESS!

The Oklahoma Games HQ group is growing. We play competitively, and keep it fun.

Andeel is still broken. The BROKEN part is that I have yet to find a way to make him consistently "broken". :P When it works. :shock:

:horse: :jacked:

Steven Brust et al

Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:48 pm
Profile YIM
Overlord in Training
Overlord in Training

Are you saying that the new Freek is Arden Tide? Or are you saying something else? If so what?

No, what I'm saying is:

"You're just mad because Arden Tide is broken."

Sometimes a rose is just a rose. Or in this case, it's just a rib. ;)

Man, Zechno, spoil the thing already so they can stop being paranoid jumpy freeks, looking for something in every statement.

Jeez, I'm not even an active PT anymore. :roll:

Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:17 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Warlord isn't widespread. It's a regionalized game. It grows in one area and some place else declindes. It's like a dead horse. It's just there no matter how much you kick it.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:17 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Man, Zechno, spoil the thing already so they can stop being paranoid jumpy freeks, looking for something in every statement.

:stupid:

yeah, or release the other warlord.. se we can at least talk about something new. The silence is killing us.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

(Don't let the voices in your head ruin the quiet, either...this means you Zech! :D)

Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:32 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

Okay, Okay. I'm a reasonable man, I can 'deal' with you people and your demands for spoilage.

You want to see a Freek Wizard Warlord, or you want to see the Mysterious Deverenian whom may not even exist.

Sadly, I can't actually show you the Freek. I'm under orders from the FBI to wait before letting the world know of him. Apparantly he's in the witness protection program or something.

So that means I'll have to see if I can track down the other one. He's a bit slippery you see, and his last venture didn't go so hot, so it might take a bit.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:44 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

So that means I'll have to see if I can track down the other one. He's a bit slippery you see, and his last venture didn't go so hot, so it might take a bit.

I guess hanging out in a tub full of blood would make you slippery...

- e

Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:47 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

Two little words, Zech. "Dallen Stormlost". That's really all we need to hear.

And no, not even I expect FreeK Wizard spoilage. If you were going to, you would have. I can deal with a department of AEG being dedicated to my own personal hell, just so long as they do a good job of it.

As for actually spoiling the Dev... interesting. It would be pretty cool to see new stuff (isn't it always?), even if this post does ruin my "yeah, I'm fine with them holding back a few surprises" street cred.

Verbally,
The Medusan Exile

And you don't really care.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next