View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:03 pm



Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
I love warlord 
Author Message
Inner Circle
Inner Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:12 pm
Posts: 974
Location: In the Shadows of the Mid-West
Post I love warlord
If there was a reset. What should it be called.? I did't like CE. I like EE that is a good name.Also the set names are pretty cool too. I would like to see them go back to more sub-class specific cards ex-paladin only,ranger only. I do like the multi-subclass cards out of Light and Shadow. anyway rambleing now-----thoughts? :hypnotized:

_________________
"Angel or not I will stab you in your face."- Dean Winchester

TEAM PIMP- Slowhand-C.F.O.

Image


Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:21 pm
Profile
Warlord
Warlord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:00 pm
Posts: 16280
Location: New Jersey
Post Re: I love warlord
This title is the exact opposite of many other threads. Interesting...anyway...I'd call it Saga Edition. Of course, that doesn't actually make much sense but who cares. It sounds good enough. :lol:

_________________
Rayzer730 - A.K.A - The Fish - A.K.A - Zartock89
RayGreavesArt.com


Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:02 pm
Profile WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2003 5:00 pm
Posts: 906
Location: Lockport NY (North of cold ass Buffalo)
Post Re: I love warlord
WarAssassin wrote:
If there was a reset. What should it be called.? I did't like CE. I like EE that is a good name.Also the set names are pretty cool too. I would like to see them go back to more sub-class specific cards ex-paladin only,ranger only. I do like the multi-subclass cards out of Light and Shadow. anyway rambleing now-----thoughts? :hypnotized:


I love the multi-subclass cards I believe Malexin is responsible. I like Empiric Edition. I just wish there was more of the "while equipped this character is a Paladin or a Barbarian.

_________________
Only the Truth Shall Set You Free!!!!!
I used to be scared of uncertainty; now I get a high out of it.
-Jensen Ackles

Image


Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:21 pm
Profile
Initiate
Initiate
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:56 pm
Posts: 156
Location: stuck behind a computer
Post Re: I love warlord
next EDITION is called HAVOC edition


Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:58 pm
Profile WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 881
Location: Hiding in the Forest...Waiting for the right time to attack!
Post Re: I love warlord
Does it have to have "edition" in its name? I would like to have something called The New Coalition...or something along those lines... :yes:

_________________
"The time of the Free Kingdoms has come,
Deverenia and the Dwarven Kingdom shall
feel our wrath!"
-Free King

Image


Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:17 pm
Profile
Command Staff
Command Staff
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:00 pm
Posts: 9170
Post Re: I love warlord
Well Zinser mentioned a set name "The New Accord". Could be the reset. Certainly an epic enough name for one.

_________________
Carpe Draconum!
I'm a knight errant, not an errant fool!
Do not fear. Fear is the mindkiller. Fear is the tiny death that brings total oblivion.
I have known scholars and shamen. I have seen holymen and madmen. I've conversed with sages and sinners. I've met heroes and villains. And in the end, I wonder, which am I?


Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:21 pm
Profile WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 881
Location: Hiding in the Forest...Waiting for the right time to attack!
Post Re: I love warlord
Elex wrote:
Well Zinser mentioned a set name "The New Accord". Could be the reset. Certainly an epic enough name for one.



Oh yah, I remember talking about that not to long ago...You know, it is nice to finally seeing a thread and someone saying how much they appreciate this game, because I know I do... :yes:

_________________
"The time of the Free Kingdoms has come,
Deverenia and the Dwarven Kingdom shall
feel our wrath!"
-Free King

Image


Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:24 pm
Profile
Command Staff
Command Staff
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:00 pm
Posts: 4805
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: I love warlord
WarAssassin wrote:
If there was a reset. What should it be called.? I did't like CE. I like EE that is a good name.Also the set names are pretty cool too. I would like to see them go back to more sub-class specific cards ex-paladin only,ranger only. I do like the multi-subclass cards out of Light and Shadow. anyway rambleing now-----thoughts? :hypnotized:

Well, WarAssassin, in terms of your title, I love Warlord too. Many of you may think of me as a negative Nancy before a positive Paul, but I actually care about this game. I care about it enough to get things fixed, and I'm satisfied with the direction that is being taken is.

There needs to be a personnel change, (it is or should be obvious to the community who needs to be replaced) and there needs to be either a re-set or a new set to get interest pumped in this site again, but other than that, the game is good hands because I think or hope that Zinser cares and we're not going to be the red headed step child any longer.

I would like to see a new faction focus for each of the factions, something that gives the factions some flavor from the past, or better yet, change it for the future:

Nothrog: Needs more attacks and more strikes and cool reacts just like it used to be. It needs a front-line warlord remade, or for the future of the Nothrog, I would say, use something powerful like Sieges or higher AC and skilled characters to give them some change.

Free Kingdoms: Perhaps we could go back to a Terak Justicebringer like Paladin mode, or give the Free Kingdoms some build characters to change things up.

Mercenaries: Maybe something new with multi-faction playable cards could help change things up, otherwise, it'd be cool if they took an all astral direction with the new Qor-Teths.

Dwarves: They need to have their item equipping/readying abilities back to make things interesting, otherwise, give them a Sjonegaard-esque Warlord and give them a Blacksand Gargoyle-esque card (but not as strong) to change things up again.

Deverenians: Perhaps they should switch with the Nothrogs and go with the lower level blitz, otherwise, bring back some old cards and help out Slayer the Unkind and the clerics.

Elves: Bring them a Wizard like Tepheroth or even better, Morghen Dythanus back. Maybe they could bring back some tactics from CE, I don't know, I hate Elves and I think that they suck. Long live Lord Winter!

I didn't care much for Light and Shadow but it wasn't that bad of a set, there were a few cards that I needed to get so it was nice that I didn't have to spend a lot of money. Overall though, I expect we will hear from AEG about some sort of developments in a few weeks, probably after some Holiday package that will bring the secondary market down even further; though I can take not having a good secondary market because people are still selling things on the Trade Board pretty decently. (See Madrigorian's thread for an example.)

Edit: If there is a re-set, I hope they consider bringing back some cards or some things on older cards that made the game different and fun, in fact, why not make it just like it was in T&C. Maybe somewhere along the lines of Black Knives and Call to Arms, I don't know, but something balanced in the re-set. (Yes, I know the errata's have helped; though we won't know the full affect of the erratas until after KoHit and Bountiful Harvest.)

_________________
Chicago City Champion in 2005
Team Pimp * Team Top Deck (at heart)
Check out my Trade List: http://www.temple-of-lore.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11062


Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:24 pm
Profile WWW
Initiate
Initiate
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:56 pm
Posts: 156
Location: stuck behind a computer
Post Re: I love warlord
Im telling you...the next "edition" is Havoc Edition


Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:30 am
Profile WWW
FreeK Puppeteer
FreeK Puppeteer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 6213
Location: New Hampshire
Post Re: I love warlord
Uthanak1122 wrote:
There needs to be a personnel change, (it is or should be obvious to the community who needs to be replaced)


Whether or not I agree with you on the need for a personnel change, we still can't fault one single person for the downward spiral this game has taken. The system of checks and balances broke down, and AEG either knew what was going on with Warlord and chose not to take action, or didn't know what was going on at all; either way it was a piss poor job of management on AEG's part which has the company currently scrambling to piece their second longest running gameline back together.

Quote:
and there needs to be either a re-set or a new set to get interest pumped in this site again,


I agree with you on both parts, however;

1. If the new set is just more of the same, then don't bother putting it out, and
2. In order for the company to put the time and effort into creating a reset, sales need to turn around drastically for the game pronto or AEG needs to bite one more financial bullet and put the time and resources into putting out a new base set fully realizing that the pay off will be several months out (if at all).

Personally, I believe that Warlord can be salvaged...but it is up for AEG to decide whether or not the time and effort spent doing so will be worth it in the long run.

_________________
Sir Bonefish * Free Kingdoms * Exile

Arven wrote:
So, yes, Warlord was is done "unprofessionally".

------------
magicsaleman wrote:
:shrug:


Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:38 am
Profile
Blue Dice of Doom
Blue Dice of Doom
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 16, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 6757
Location: Order of the Doomed Legion
Post Re: I love warlord
When I was at the helm we started tossing around names for the next Base Edition - My favorites were Legend Edition and Heroic Edition.

What the new powers that be will decide, I do not know.

As regards WarAssassin's original post asking for more sub-class specific cards, I think he is going to be out of luck. As a design team we have pretty much universally adopted the philosophy that it is better to have cards that do "More or better" for a certain subclass than to have "X only" cards. X only type cards are even more likely to end up as dead pulls in a sealed or draft environment, and with many players also tending toward factional loyalty it can be really hard to get any use out of a "Necromancer Only" Wizard spell if you are not an Elf player (or own a Nemesis) - best that cands "can" be used by the greatest number of Players / Warlords / Armies.

peace y'all

_________________
Richard Carter - 2002 (Scrub player), 2003 (undefeated Swiss with Kerebrus), 2004 (4th at KOHIT with Dezicrah), 2005 (Dragonlord & World Conquest Team), 2006 (Editor, PDT member, & Majeral runner), 2007 ( Medusan Lord, & Bobby Zebrowski's Hero), 2008 (Ghed Jaroslav, Soul of the Storm, 4e Design Team), 2009 (Soul of the Storm falls, Gixu the Jester rises), 2010 (Jernar Thanatoc falls), 2011 (Bobby Zebrowski's sloppy second Gixu), 2012 (Driver of Atu the Fallen)


Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:41 am
Profile
Spammer Supreme
Spammer Supreme
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:24 am
Posts: 23917
Location: Spamming the boards as usual.
Post Re: I love warlord
I agree with those decisions. I don't like cards being restricted to certain subclasses. I like cards like Close Combat, Ways of War, Curse of Broken Spire, etc. More versatility and more likely to actually be used by a majority of people.

_________________
First and Only Crazy to ever win ToL Mafia!
~~First ever Temple of Lore Sole Survivor!~~
GhedJennar wrote:
Nah Zaxdad is just that good he doesn't even have to post in a thread to win it. :rofl:
-Geoff


Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:47 am
Profile
Command Staff
Command Staff
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:00 pm
Posts: 3789
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post Re: I love warlord
Quote:
Free Kingdoms: Perhaps we could go back to a Terak Justicebringer like Paladin mode, or give the Free Kingdoms some build characters to change things up.


How about no.

_________________
Bach wrote:
He's a bit of a loose cannon, but Eso's always like that.


Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:29 am
Profile WWW
Hammer of Kor
Hammer of Kor
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 8580
Location: At my Miniatures Workbench in Weston, Florida USA
Post Re: I love warlord
EsoMonty wrote:
Quote:
Free Kingdoms: Perhaps we could go back to a Terak Justicebringer like Paladin mode, or give the Free Kingdoms some build characters to change things up.

How about no.

Not that I specifically agree or disagree, Eso ... but could you be a little more constructive than this with your answer? There's nothing constructive in this one, simply a bald, negatively provocative statement.

_________________
tMmM
Dwarf * VP: Dwarven Caves * Dolphin Clan * Conspiracy of Light * Team Pimp * Playtest * WAND * Uncle
Erstwhile Emperor of GTC! // Order of the Doomed Liver - Mister Belvedere
Doctorfuzion wrote:
I just shut it down. It's got flaming bad juju written all over it.
CCP Mitnal wrote:
And there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth and great loss of forum posting rights


Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:37 am
Profile YIM
Command Staff
Command Staff
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:00 pm
Posts: 4805
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Re: I love warlord
beverlytucker wrote:
Im telling you...the next "edition" is Havoc Edition

What, have you heard more leaked information?
bonefish wrote:
Uthanak1122 wrote:
There needs to be a personnel change, (it is or should be obvious to the community who needs to be replaced)


Whether or not I agree with you on the need for a personnel change, we still can't fault one single person for the downward spiral this game has taken. The system of checks and balances broke down, and AEG either knew what was going on with Warlord and chose not to take action, or didn't know what was going on at all; either way it was a piss poor job of management on AEG's part which has the company currently scrambling to piece their second longest running gameline back together.

Quote:
and there needs to be either a re-set or a new set to get interest pumped in this site again,


I agree with you on both parts, however;

1. If the new set is just more of the same, then don't bother putting it out, and
2. In order for the company to put the time and effort into creating a reset, sales need to turn around drastically for the game pronto or AEG needs to bite one more financial bullet and put the time and resources into putting out a new base set fully realizing that the pay off will be several months out (if at all).

Personally, I believe that Warlord can be salvaged...but it is up for AEG to decide whether or not the time and effort spent doing so will be worth it in the long run.

No, we really can't. But we can identify one person or a few individuals who have screwed this thing up. When you say downward spiral, what do you mean and how did it take a downward spiral? I think AEG knew about the problem with Warlord, but they may have acted too late to save the game. At least, until a new set or something new develops, the game will be in turmoil. Yes, it was a piss-poor effort on their part. I'm glad someone had identified that.

So, what can we do as a community and what can AEG do as a company to string the game back together?

I wouldn't mind some things from the sets of old because I liked the gameplay at the start of CE and the end of Open, more than I do now. AEG should bite the bullet for a bit and put some time and resources into the new base set, because I feel it will pay them eventually. Then they could sell to the idiots who buy those Holiday Packages for revenue. (I am one of those idiots who buy them to pump some life into the secondary market while keeping some of the cards for myself.)

tMmM wrote:
EsoMonty wrote:
Quote:
Free Kingdoms: Perhaps we could go back to a Terak Justicebringer like Paladin mode, or give the Free Kingdoms some build characters to change things up.

How about no.

Not that I specifically agree or disagree, Eso ... but could you be a little more constructive than this with your answer? There's nothing constructive in this one, simply a bald, negatively provocative statement.

What would be wrong with a new idea of build decks for Free Kingdoms? Or back to the old story of good Paladins that has seemingly been killed off? I'm not saying we should give them the power of Terak, but something similar to the old game, which was much more stable, reasonable and fun, IMO.

_________________
Chicago City Champion in 2005
Team Pimp * Team Top Deck (at heart)
Check out my Trade List: http://www.temple-of-lore.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11062


Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:54 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.