View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Mattoon Results Thread 
Lava Shark
Lava Shark

Post Re: Mattoon Results Thread
Uthanak1122 wrote:
Nihilistiskism wrote:
Uthanak1122 wrote:
Ancients went smoothly until the championship, where we had to make a ruling that wasn't popular but I believed it to be the correct one.

I'm curious about this...

-nihil

Something to do with Rapid Shot and Assassin's Arrow. I'll let the other guys (the players involved in the game or Dwarven_Pain/Draven give you the full report.

Nevermind. I found a thread about it already in the rules forum. The ruling made at the event was the correct one.

Rapid shot only looks for modifications and effects to the previous ranged strike. It matters in no way whatsoever what steps/checks/requirements/saves/etc. were necessary to achieve said modifications and effects.

-nihil

Arven wrote:
You are correct on all counts.

Yamauta wrote:
Thank you Nihil. That badass post was one of the most informative posts I've ever seen here...

Fintago wrote:
...Nihil...When someone puts a keyboard in front of you, you become the worst kind of person. I mean Christ.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:36 pm
Profile WWW
Raath's End
Raath's End

I personally can vouch for that.

Rellion88 elimitated me from an open tournament with that exact same combo.

Sucks. But it does happen and is the correct ruling.

Aristotle wrote:
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

Kerebrus wrote:
That Malexin and his fancy logic :hypnotized:

Emerald Dawn wrote:
Death, Taxes and The San Diego Chargers [Censor: poo] the bed when its time to come through in the clutch

Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:54 pm
The Wasteland's Wondrous Commie
The Wasteland's Wondrous Commie

Malexin wrote:
I personally can vouch for that.

Rellion88 elimitated me from an open tournament with that exact same combo.

Sucks. But it does happen and is the correct ruling.

Yeah I did :D I love that combo.

Congrats to Vic on the Chosen win!! I'm really happy to know they are getting a hero.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:34 pm
n00b
n00b

Will Cole checking in!

I had such a fun time at this event... and I was lucky to even purchase a T-Shirt and do what I set out to do and more! I managed to finish well... and settle the talks about Morghen's deck... and the things that he did against the opponents that he went up against. But I guess... that first thing's first and I will have to post my list on the forum.

3rd Place - Top Faction / Morghen The Unliving Decklist Build

Morghen the Unliving w/ Dythanus' Essence
2 x Skyyrek
3 x Bone Golem

Characters (15)
3 x Remorna
3 x Jevae
2 x Severed Of Bone
3 x Cyrus Netheryn
2 x Kilis of Flesh
1 x Kinnell
1 x Skyyrek

Items (12)
3 x Ring of Vorn
2 x Dark Heart of Kylnion
2 x Shroud of Lost Souls
2 x Flying Carpet
1 x Incendiary Glove
1 x Wyvernskin Robe
1 x Smoke Imp

Action/Spells (16)
3 x Disintegrate
3 x Chain Lightning
3 x Power Word: Kill
3 x Lightning Bolt
2 x Blink
1 x Lordly Might
1 x Magic Missles

The first day was intense. The draft started late and I was starting to worry that we'd be there until at least 3... o_o; ... the turnover would have been a pain but then things kicked off... I was hoping for a Javlo, actually... I wanted the extra meteor swarm and incinerate for Morghen to have to toss around... but it was more like an "eh... it is what it is" scenario. After trading deck upon deck... I ended up with Lady of Pain as my sealed deck player. I had to keep it elf... it's my creed and such.

The matches went... and each player had their own feel about them and their styles. I loved sensing just how much passion each player poured into their cards. It was truly a humbling experience. I spent the night worried about what was to happen the next day! Anywho, I'll detail the matches of the sealed over in the Elven Kingdom at some point.

The 4E tourney came the next morning like the rising sun. I housed Josh... who's handle, if I remember right was "informme"... or something to that degree, I'm no good unless I hear it at least 3 times. Anywho, Josh, Alex, and I headed for the tourney and I was thinking to myself... "I hope that I don't run into a Gouge... That would be the worst! Thus, I prepared my deck for max defense to those who only deal one wound. I figured that I would be best with that set up while Morghen took residence in the second rank and fired over the top with the many, many spells at his disposal. A couple of movements turned him into a punch and run kinda warlord... I didn't really fall with him all that much. Anywho, onwards to the tourney!

We got our parings and I was set up first against Sigurdur... I wasn't as worried seeing as this was ALL that I playtested against in prep for the tourney. We exchanged cards and dice. I ended up taking it 2-0 thanks to some timely Chain Lightnings flying through the ranks before his heavier items hit. I managed to survive the first one and a lot of the Charleston/Mattoon players took their first. I think we went something like... 4-3... or 5-4... I forget how many of us there are whenever I think about it. The core of us is only like 7 players anyway. Moving onwards...

The second round, I was setup against my best friend and playtesting partner in battle, Alex. He was running Sigurdur... and for me... it was another Dwarf. V_V; ... It seemed that my battles were taking a familiar format here! So I met him there and then we were locked in battle yet again accept this time, we both were walking into the battle 1-0 looking to advance. My friend had some terrible, terrible rolls. And as usual... I manage to luck out on a Lightning Bolt with Remorna. She popped him with a Critical Success and that was it. The best part about this was that I managed that same natural 20 twice for the win. I took the round 2-0 and my bud dropped to the ranks of 1-1. I felt bad about it... but he told me to just give it my best shot and keep on powering through it as good as I can.

Round three was around and I was still super nervous. I was facing off against Yahia. I managed to make her spend forward and a Ring of Vorn and Lightning Bolt later, I managed to secure the victory. The second round went the same. Power Words were saving me left and right as I flung over the top and Remorna brought the pain to the front rank. Spell recursion was saving me a lot! Remorna's abilites was key in facing off against people this tourney. Perfect accompaniment to Morghen's style. Moving forward...

We took a lunch break and then the trade books and stories started flying around at top speed. I was on the path of collecting all the elves that I could get my hands on! I was looking high, low, and everywhere inbetween for elves that I didn't have at all. The part that I was most shocked about was the fact that I managed to hear from Ross that I was sitting at 1st overall because of my last name... :P ... but more so about being 3-0. I was amped! With that... I got even more nervous... o_o; ...

Into round 4, I went... and so went another victory. Something about passing the DC checks that are extremely high... but failing the ones that aren't supposed to be failed. The chosen player that I faced off against turned out to be the one who won the whole thing! That's crazy... because I did get him but it doesn't matter because I'm sure that there are people who he's got that beat me. I wonder... ^_^; ... It is what it is... Anywho, the planar trait wasn't a problem for me... Remorna's +4 strike counts as a spell... and Morghen's always throwing checks at people like he's rich, eh? MIght as well... it's free. ^_^; Anywho... 2-0... got me the victory.

Round 5... Still flying high at 4-0... I was getting a sinister feeling as I looked across the table and saw Niobe. Eack... o_o; ... This one didn't go as well. They got big and swarmed all over us. There were too many people coming forward... and my character count wasn't as warranted as I would have liked. I think that I would have been all that better off had I met someone else. Meh, it was a good fight. I did what I could and I went down 0-2.

Into the final 8, I soared in as the 3 seed. I went to talk with Alex and he was doing backflips! "Will... you have a chance... rememebr to use EVERYTHING that you have on the board. take the time to make sure that you cover all your bases. Don't stop doing things until you're really out of maneuvers." With that knowledge in mind, I went into my matchup with the #6 seed! It was... another Sigurdur! >_<;

It was a war of attrition but I managed to stun his Warlord in the front rank and then DC check him with Morghen for a hard-fought win. 1-0 and there wasn't time for a second. There wasn't much else to go from there... with 5 minutes to go, I guess that there wasn't much that could be done. I lucked out more than anything else. ^_^; ... Sometimes, I managed to take in a set of welp, decent rolls with there aren't good odds in my favor. I swing wildly and hit hard.

Top 4 now... and I was staring down... Another Sigurdur! I think I ran through more Dwarves than anything else on my route to the top. Anywho... I pulled so many items that I didn't see a necromancer at all. I got to Jevae once... but that was about it. o_o; No characters to save me... and all items... lead to my defeat not once... but twice. I missed my big attacks and seeing as no characters were there to help... I lost 0-2. It was hard fought... but battle wise... it wasn't even close. ^_^; Profits were doing the most damage passing every check I gave them.

Over to the consolation game... and I was ready to battle for top elf against the other Morghen... but he agreed to concede if I gave him a set from the two that went to 3rd... so I said, "Yep!" Without contest, I manage to secure the 3rd place spot, Top Faction, and a couple of medals alongside the 25k Edge of Silverflame. The new one has a saying by Lady of Pain. The old one was a random one talking... ^_^; ... It didn't even say. But now I have 2 and I'm capable of saying, yeah... that's weird.

On any account, that's how my route ran. Overall... 4-1 in the Swiss competition, 2-1 in the playoffs... 3rd place overall and top faction.

Outside of the dice, there were so man fun times to be had by the guys who lodged here. Thanks to Josh, I was able to secure my third Chain Lightning which came in such handy in my deck! Talk about a coincidence! I'm never good with names... even when we sleep in the same room overnight... but I know that if I run into either Josh or his bud from Downers Grove at some point, I'll be happy to play some rounds with them again someday down the road.

It was a fun time, I was always looking through someone's stuff it seemed. Dwarven_Pain was such a riot! There was hardly a time that I was sitting across from him and I wasn't in some kind of laughing fit. Not to mention, that we're total opposites as far as like... his love of Dwarf and mine of Elf. So we were always ragging on each other... but it was all in good sport. Besides, it's always nice to meet another William out there. It's the #1 name in the U.S. for a reason.

Ancients didn't go so well, but I got a good reaction from the crowd when they heard that I was using Morghen in Ancient format. The power of the Lich Items... Checks become insane... and then the late acquiring of Morghen's Staff alongside some other nice trinkets made his "DC Madness" even more intense. The Hungry Dead came from the back to the front and started chewing through people. Too bad, in that format that it's so slow. ^_^; I took a loss... from the 4E tourney that I was still in... and got 1 from one battle with someone who was running a Dev. Necromancer... who then turned their warlord into Morrigan! I damn near freaked out... but there were always characters falling forward. I didn't have much of a chance... thank goodness that I secured a round early. The other match I played became a draw because of the same end... Stunned warlord to Hungry Dead technique. I will refine this deck for Morghen... with the new cards that I secured... I hope to put all the house Dythanus cards in it as well as the Necro love that comes with it. Wish me luck with that... but this is the best part of deck building!

That's all from me. I hope to refine Morghen a little more with the Yavlo that I secured for winning... and then making something magical appear from the new breed of Elves. I'll see if I can make a GenCon... I'm more of an ACEN kinda guy... but I'll do what I can seeing as I won't be going to that this year.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:58 pm
Profile YIM
Ain't afraid of no ghost!

Just got home.

@ Chris: Listen here tubby lumpkins, you and I will never spoon if you continue that kinda talk! :war:

I helped Devlukelorian with decisions in his deck, so I had a hand in helping someone get top FreeK! But anyway, had poor luck VS Taisia, played a dull mirror match VS Niobe, and missed Krenthor with a beefed up barret round 3. Fate was telling me to drop, so I did. Sealed was hot the night before, would've made the cut I think, had I not missed Krenthor with a 1 that was FTW.

I'll have you guys know, had the one challenge I took with Soul of the Storm not been from the Artek HMML, there was a high chance it could've bit the dust. I had 2 incredibly bad hands that netted 0 characters and 0 actions that could've helped me generate defense.

Lost 2 Sin-Marduks. First 2 challenges. Then the deck was updated for SE. Then, he did not fall again. Drew and Josh came close several times though at the end.

I get to remind them that a governmental bureaucracy put a man on the moon.

The [Censor: Quack!] moon.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:12 pm
Profile YIM
Baron-Administrator Darth Crimson
Baron-Administrator Darth Crimson

DeadlyPenguin9000 wrote:
@ Chris: Listen here tubby lumpkins, you and I will never spoon if you continue that kinda talk! :war:

:rofl: I loves you anyway. :laura:

Kasugoan's Redemption • Slayer of the Silvered Fount • Warlord Story Team, Retired • Order of the Doomed Liver-Darth Cider • 2009 ToL Keeper Fantasy League Champion • 2010 & 2011 ToL Football Pick 'em Champion
Draven (about DP9K) wrote:
Psh, im from kentucky. I rode him for YEARS

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:35 pm
Profile YIM
Initiate
Initiate

hello all, Tony G here to throw my deck list and share my PoV on the event.

First off let me say this was probably the greatest time I've ever had playing any card game, but before I ramble here's my deck.

Morghen the Unliving
2x Skyyrek
3x Bone Golem

3x Remorna
3x Kinnell
3x Severed of Bone
3x Corinth's Refuse
3x Cyrus Netheryn
2x Javae

3x Disintegrate
3x Magic Missiles
3x Ball Lightning
1x Chain Lightning
3x Lightning Bolt
2x Blink

3x Ring of Vorn
2x Bracers of Deflection
3x Teufeltiger's Mask
2x Shroud of Lost Souls
3x Smoke Imp
1x Darkwood Staff
1x Dythanus' Essence

Basically my idea with this deck was to focus around the multitude of spellcasters that elves have at their disposal, trying to maximize the number of actions I could throw out a turn while giving Morghen a bit of staying power as well. When I first saw Remorna my jaw hit the floor as one of the other elf players in our playgroup told me "autopilot much?". Her ability is nice for sniping the odd planar or low level character while having the added bonus of screaming "PUT THE ESSENCE ON ME!!!!!!!" lol. I was having second thoughts about the deck, but since I've been an elf player since the beginning (first Correos, then Carebre) Andy (alantis) told me to lead with my best, and thankfully it paid off lol.

Again I want to thank everyone for a ton of awsome games, and Ross for putting up with a whole bunch of nerds lol. I hope to see all of you guys again next big tournie.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:39 pm
n00b
n00b

Uthanak1122 wrote:
24-Jim Phillips--I don't recall
25-William Steffen--I don't recall

Should be:
24-Jim Phillips--Yavlo (????)
25-William Steffen--Scyrax (Swashbuckler)

Thanks to Ross and all the others who made the tournament a real blast. This was the first tourney that I've participated in since stopping play about 3 years ago. 4E made me come back around, and the great players I'm meeting outside of Team Velveeta in Wisconsin (based out of Adventures in Gaming) have really made me thankful to be returning.

I look forward to more local tournaments and long road-trips on 3hrs of sleep. :hyper: Ye gods, coffee is good.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:49 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

Himura999 wrote:
Again I want to thank everyone for a ton of awsome games, and Ross for putting up with a whole bunch of nerds lol. I hope to see all of you guys again next big tournie.

It was fun having you guys come down. If I was short with anyone at this event it was because I was trying my best to keep things moving and do everything correctly.

Swashbuckler wrote:
Uthanak1122 wrote:
24-Jim Phillips--I don't recall
25-William Steffen--I don't recall

Should be:
24-Jim Phillips--Yavlo (????)
25-William Steffen--Scyrax (Swashbuckler)

Thanks to Ross and all the others who made the tournament a real blast. This was the first tourney that I've participated in since stopping play about 3 years ago. 4E made me come back around, and the great players I'm meeting outside of Team Velveeta in Wisconsin (based out of Adventures in Gaming) have really made me thankful to be returning.

I look forward to more local tournaments and long road-trips on 3hrs of sleep. :hyper: Ye gods, coffee is good.

Thank you for the corrections. You guys left and I felt bad that I wasn't able to talk to you gentlemen as much as I would have liked and that I didn't get your Warlord/factions recorded. It was good to see the Wisconsin crew again. I hope you guys enjoyed yourself and that some of you enjoy your newly found DLs. :D

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:58 pm
Profile WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Oh my god I haven't had so much fun at any tournament ever. Thanks Ross for getting this all together and having things go without any problems. Oh and all of the stuff I bought from ya :D was very helpful man.

I'm pleased to also say that I was able to kill my first DL ever, Sin Marduk, and it was fun... had to go though 5 OLs to get him though :lol:.

Thanks to anyone I played and traded with too!!!

My Trade List ---> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=32886

Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:17 pm
Profile WWW
Command Staff
Command Staff

Let's see if this photobucket thing works:

http://s605.photobucket.com/albums/tt139/Uthanak1122/

Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:21 pm
Profile WWW
Head of Insanity Division
Head of Insanity Division

Wow! Yeah, just WOW!

First off, thanks to Ross and the End Zone for putting on the event. From where I sat, things seemed to run relatively smoothly. Pizza-Shmizza, dude - we didn't even know we were getting lunch. You got 35 players to show up and sent most, if not all, of them home happy.
And there were few rules questions (more in the ancients than the main), so while we were happy to help, Vann and I got to focus on playing.

Second, I should thank Vann, Chris Kessler (even I forget his temple handle) and Josh "Pooter" Workman (pooter). We worked together on deck tech several times over the last month, swapping cards, trying and retrying different warlords, different decks, etc. I was determined to get a win for either Devs, Mercs or Chosen, and they helped convince me my Atiratu had the best shot. And Vann's last-minute advice to fit in a pair of Wyvern's Gems was, while not crucial, certainly helpful in more than one case (including against him 8)).
We also made the drive down together, so the five hours on the road went by pretty fast. ;)

The breakdown:
Take Friday off work, Josh and Chris come first to my place, we meet Vann an hour south of here, make the rest of the drive in his car, check into the hotel, and head to the store. There's a decent crowd already there, including a bunch of MtG players. Do a little meet-and-greet, a little trading.
We decide against playing the sealed, mostly because we want to tech our ancients decks and get some food sooner than later. After hanging around for a few hours playing, Frank (sorn38) joins us at Steak-n-Shake for a late dinner. Then it's back to the hotel to get a crappy night's sleep.

We get to the store the next morning just after 11, make sure we're registered, and I play a couple test games with John (Fastflare65). I draw horrible first turn hands against him, yet still rebuild and win each game. A promising start. Okay, on to the rounds.
(( Apologies if parts of this are disjointed or rambling - not much sleep here. ))

1: Phoneix Ball - Kerebrus - 2-1
I made a stupid mistake first turn of the first game, his dice penalize me for it, quick loss.
I drew awesome the second game and get several Daemons up swinging first and second turn. Some healing delays the inevitable, but Kerby soon fell.
Unfortunately, Phoenix forgot to swap real cards in for his proxies - he drew one in the first turn of the second game. We played it out, but he was a true sportsman and conceded the third game.

2: Donnie (Draxon_Rhull) - Krenthor - 2-0
I'm pretty sure Getraxos (via Uncertain Path and either Teleport or his order) ate Krenthor first turn of the first game. The second game, I drew less movement but more characters, so it took until turn three or early four. And it was Getraxos again.
Donnie was great fun to play against - he read the board and could see where things were headed, so made light of things. Esp. fun was all of his attempts to kill Getraxos second game - and his glee at finally succeeding with the strikes from two Beyond the Graves.

3: Josh (Informme) - Brymin - 2-0
These were really good games. I've played Josh before and he never disappoints.
Neither deck ran particularly fast in the first game, but I matched him character-for-character and had better movement. Which meant more strikes for multiple wounds (Getraxos again, Master Nax, the Gem), and after 25 minutes, Josh scooped. Second game he drew more characters than I at first, but I had an all-character third turn. Somewhere around turn five, he threw in the towel.

4: Will (DamienStryker) - Morghen - 0-1
I knew this one would be tough for me and I was right. Unfortunately, I was right for the wrong reason. It wasn't the spell strikes - it was the DC checks. Note #1 - If you pull Master Nax when facing an opponent like Morghen, do not transform him into a big nasty fighter! Multi-wounding against Bone Golems is nice, but +13 skill is more important. An early Nax got stunned by Severed of Bone as a result. Still, I managed to kill Morghen once and force out the Essence. I was working on him and his army again when I failed that stun check with Atiratu. Still kinda smacking myself in the head for not backing off sooner. One Disintegrate-Lightning Bolt cocktail later and there's no time for a second game.

5: Chad (sirpongo) - Niobe - 2-0
I know Chad from other events, but had never faced him. We knew we were both on the cusp of making the top eight, but didn't want to just tie. So the game was on.
I get the impression his deck was built around kitting Niobe up and bringing strong Freeks like Iam and Barrett up to the front next to her. I say that because in the first game Chad got a lot of items and only a little meat. Whereas I had a solid hand each turn. Second game, he got more characters and little kit, but I was drawing even better and destroyed everything that came up. Pretty sure Getraxos was mvp yet again.

Okay, at this point I'm 4th and, while never surprised during each game at my deck's performance, admittedly surprised to be here. Could I make it?
At the same time, I was pleased to see Vann was 3rd and sad to see Chris and Josh hadn't done too well.

Top 8: Donnie - Krenthor - 2-0
I felt good about this one, since I had beaten him before. I'd like to hope not overconfident, but we certainly sat down thinking there might be a repeat.
Note #2 - If your opponent runs redirection cards like Sudden Reversal, and you know this - Take it into account! If he's spent in the second rank, with four cards in hand, don't take a piddlin' +0 shot at a Gunda as your only offense during a weak-hand first turn. He will play that Reversal, move up, and proceed to drop all three of the other cards as strikes.
Anyway, the story of the match is odd numbers. Chiefly, the number 1. Donnie rolled three different dice during the two games. None of them liked him. I was able to rebuild after the first turn, build up quite a bit even, and then take him down. Second game, we both blitzed hard, but I hit while he did not.

Top 4: Tony (himura999) - Morghen - 1-0
After my loss to the other Morghen, I was mentally prepped to blitz hard, keep Atiratu back, and pay close attention to every character he played. All of that worked great. My dice, however, had different ideas.
Tony quickly got a Smoke Imp, Mask, and Bracers equipped - great defense. I got Every character I had in pretty short order, except Master Nax. Sure - the one guy I can give +13 skill to, and I cannot fetch or draw him. I eventually destroyed everything around Morghen, then rolled just well enough with Getraxos to kill him once. He goes back via the Essence, Remona dies, he's back up spent. The dance continues (the dance being me making the dc 15's most times, but failing either the mask check or the atk roll or both). Slowly, over the course of three or four turns (yes - turns), he kills a small number of Daemons and I put one, then two, then finally three wounds on. With ten minutes left, we agree to not even try a second game.

Final: Vann (AshGaidin) - Sigurdur - 2-0
I had never lost to the dwarves with this deck, so I felt good about it.
I forget my hands, but I know I got Pago out and up first turn. And one or two other Daemons. And another one second turn. Along with a Getraxos. Vann brought Sigurdur up first turn (no other big characters), but rolled a lot of odds (and missed stealth with Profit). Watcher showed up and took out the first Pago, and Helt came forward, but he never rebuilt enough to move back and I got the shots in I needed.
Second game was much the same. On my side of the board, the outcome was never in doubt. The final blow came from Flayer of Dreams with Wyvern Gem equipped.

So, there you have it. The Chosen have taken a Winter Conquest event, going through several of the previous winners to get there. :D

Decklist:
Atiratu
The Earth
The Plentiful
Forest People x2
Shulgi

Aimonos
As'sa x3
Flayer of Dreams
Getraxos x2
Master Naxagoras x3
Pagophoros x3
Redu Tam x3
The Seed x3

Create Golem x3
Phantom Steed x3
Sudden Reversal x3
Teleport x3
Uncertain Path x2

Flying Carpet x2
Ivory Scepter
Living History x2
Ring of Vorn x3
Shroud of Lost Souls
Wyvern Gem x2

Since Ancients started while we were in the top four round, I was two losses in by the time I started playing. I did get two wins with Der'rist though. :)
Then it was collecting all the prize support (woot!), opening all the decks, and doing a bunch of trading. Once that was done, we took a couple last challenges (Pooter wanted a shot at Sin Marduk) and said adios.
Late dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings (good, meaty ribs, great onion rings, okay pie) and then a game of Talisman back at the hotel (are we geeks or what? ;)).

Thanks again to everybody. Obviously, I had a great time.
-VIC

Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:36 am
GP Redemption Thrall
GP Redemption Thrall

Uthanak1122 wrote:
Let's see if this photobucket thing works:

http://s605.photobucket.com/albums/tt139/Uthanak1122/

Yep. Seems to be working. Pictures are very cool.

And one last final shot on that rapidly decomposing horse.

Uthanak1122 wrote:
A huge thank you goes out to the following:

sorn38---Frank, if you hadn't of come, I would have been in big trouble. I appreciated having your leadership and guidance when I was "going through growing pains" in hosting my first large event. Thank you, and I hope all will be well with your Dad.
Vann Lee and Vic Polites---Without judges, none of this would have been possible. Michigan is certainly a hike down to Mattoon, IL, and so I appreciate your willingness to be judges and help out in other ways (Soul of the Storm, who lives on, as I anticipated...)
Draven, A.J. (DeadlyPenguin9000)---Thank you for running challenges and making my weekend fun with your twisted jokes. :rofl: Draven, thank you for letting me "use your voice."
Dwarven_Pain---Thank you for helping me out when I needed your assistance, you went above and beyond the call of duty and exemplify what it means to be in the Dragonlord program.
John Olson (Fastflare65), Drew Gunn (devlukelorian)---I've known you guys the longest out of anyone (Drew especially), and it is always great having you two join me for the gaming side of my life. Thanks for coming, especially to you John, with all that's going on at the moment.
The owner of the End Zone (David Easton)---Thank you for staying open late on Friday and Saturday, letting us use the space and investing in this event. I knew we'd profit and we most certainly did.

The value of a great team can't be over-stated. Huge props to you guys. Judging from the response from those who were at the event, I think that Ross will agree that it was worth mentioning y'all again.

And yeah, we DL's are great human beings, aren't we? :D

Old age and treachery beats youth and skill.
No amount of preparation and expertise can compensate for sh*tty die rolls.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:00 am

Matt Freakin Daemon guys. Matt Freakin Daemon.

Was posting to see if anyone would post the pictures, and someone has. go go efficiency!
The only thing that I wasn't too happy with was that there were only 4 decks of SE available for purchase. q_q But splendid time nonetheless.

I get to remind them that a governmental bureaucracy put a man on the moon.

The [Censor: Quack!] moon.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:57 am
Profile YIM
Command Staff
Command Staff

Thank you to everyone for being apart of the largest player-organized event in Warlord 4E history (with Brazil results outstanding): http://www.warlordccg.de/blog/2009/03/02/the-chosen-are-stirring/#more-609

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:56 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next