View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jeremiah Uselton, 1980-2013 
Blue Dice of Doom
Blue Dice of Doom

Post Re: Jeremiah Uselton, 1980-2013
just started a conversation with someone about GenCon 2014, and the Great Malexin Charity Tournament and Memorial Alcohol Appreciation Event.

probably too early to actually start organizing - but not too soon to start thinking about what all will be happening.

My personal vote is for the Warlord CCG events to be trimmed down to just a 4eX singles and an Ancients event as the charity tournament.

Leave Saturday for people to play whatever games they have moved on to.

put your thinking caps on gentlemen

Richard Carter - 2002 (Scrub player), 2003 (undefeated Swiss with Kerebrus), 2004 (4th at KOHIT with Dezicrah), 2005 (Dragonlord & World Conquest Team), 2006 (Editor, PDT member, & Majeral runner), 2007 ( Medusan Lord, & Bobby Zebrowski's Hero), 2008 (Ghed Jaroslav, Soul of the Storm, 4e Design Team), 2009 (Soul of the Storm falls, Gixu the Jester rises), 2010 (Jernar Thanatoc falls), 2011 (Bobby Zebrowski's sloppy second Gixu), 2012 (Driver of Atu the Fallen)

Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:23 pm
Baron-Administrator Darth Crimson
Baron-Administrator Darth Crimson

^All in on this. Agree with all points.

Kasugoan's Redemption • Slayer of the Silvered Fount • Warlord Story Team, Retired • Order of the Doomed Liver-Darth Cider • 2009 ToL Keeper Fantasy League Champion • 2010 & 2011 ToL Football Pick 'em Champion
Draven (about DP9K) wrote:
Psh, im from kentucky. I rode him for YEARS

Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:15 pm
Profile YIM
THUNDERMAKER!!!
THUNDERMAKER!!!

For various family, job-related and other reasons I will have to say I will make every effort to make GenCon this year but definitely cannot commit to anything right now.

That being said everyone knows where I stand with this GenCon and how much it would mean for me to be there. Ill do my best.

batesb wrote:
This is like sacrilege but...Jersey is Warlord.

bonefish wrote:
I've said it before & I'll say it again...if New Jersey stops playing then Warlord will cease to exist.

Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
Blue Dice of Doom
Blue Dice of Doom

and you know there is a guy with more money than good common sense that will hook a brother up

Richard Carter - 2002 (Scrub player), 2003 (undefeated Swiss with Kerebrus), 2004 (4th at KOHIT with Dezicrah), 2005 (Dragonlord & World Conquest Team), 2006 (Editor, PDT member, & Majeral runner), 2007 ( Medusan Lord, & Bobby Zebrowski's Hero), 2008 (Ghed Jaroslav, Soul of the Storm, 4e Design Team), 2009 (Soul of the Storm falls, Gixu the Jester rises), 2010 (Jernar Thanatoc falls), 2011 (Bobby Zebrowski's sloppy second Gixu), 2012 (Driver of Atu the Fallen)

Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:58 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Will this be Carter's first drink? :twisted:

2017 GenCon Ancients Event - 4th & Top Elf
"We're just like Kevin Bacon!" - Anton Cyldragen
nilonka wrote:
there are five people on this website anymore, Woodrow: me you, Nihil, Wendy, and they guy who loves Trench as a warlord. You can't afford to disagree. WE NEED THESE TOURNEY KITS!!!!!

Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:10 pm
THUNDERMAKER!!!
THUNDERMAKER!!!

Kerebrus wrote:
and you know there is a guy with more money than good common sense that will hook a brother up

The money isn't the issue, the time off work is... I usually work Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. I also have a volunteer thing I'm pretty sure I'm going to get accepted for which throws an additional wrench into things.

batesb wrote:
This is like sacrilege but...Jersey is Warlord.

bonefish wrote:
I've said it before & I'll say it again...if New Jersey stops playing then Warlord will cease to exist.

Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:35 am
Profile WWW
Ain't afraid of no ghost!
Ain't afraid of no ghost!

Emerald Dawn wrote:
Kerebrus wrote:

The money isn't the issue, the time off work is... I usually work Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. I also have a volunteer thing I'm pretty sure I'm going to get accepted for which throws an additional wrench into things.

If you're in, let me know if you get a suite again. I'll gladly throw in on it.

Also, the Warlord events thing sounds solid. Why not a Midnight Madness style event though? Jeremiah was all about Open.

I get to remind them that a governmental bureaucracy put a man on the moon.

The [Censor: Quack!] moon.

Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:41 pm
Profile YIM
Command Staff
Command Staff

Kerebrus wrote:
just started a conversation with someone about GenCon 2014, and the Great Malexin Charity Tournament and Memorial Alcohol Appreciation Event.

You know, you really could have said it was me. I wouldn't miss helping organize/run this for anything.

Facebook group as well, when I get that far.

Laura

p.s.: Hi ToL :)

DragonLady
Medusan Lord - Lady al-Semmeya

Order of the Doomed Liver
Conspiracy of Light

Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:18 am
Profile WWW
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

This is truly sad to hear. Jeremiah was a really nice guy and I had many an epic game vs him over the year. RIP

~Nothrog Overlord Origins 2005~

Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:35 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Sad news indeed, he will be missed, my condolencies to his family....

Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:22 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

My only knowledge of him is via this thread and his forum personality - which sucks, apparently, because it sounds like he was awesome! I regret that it took so long for me to start meeting people in this community. I've obviously missed some epic fellowship. If GenCon can make it into the books for 2014, I will definitely play in these events and chip in on charity-funds; likely through bounties on Chase Causey. :twisted:

2017 GenCon Ancients Event - 4th & Top Elf
"We're just like Kevin Bacon!" - Anton Cyldragen
nilonka wrote:
there are five people on this website anymore, Woodrow: me you, Nihil, Wendy, and they guy who loves Trench as a warlord. You can't afford to disagree. WE NEED THESE TOURNEY KITS!!!!!

Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:13 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

Rest in peace, Jeremiah. We were all richer to have known you.

And you don't really care.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:05 pm
Blue Dice of Doom
Blue Dice of Doom

totally not fair, but I have to share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4qqdbRMYG0

I am a country music listener, and the station saturated me with this one yesterday. Hard not to think of Jeremiah.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:14 pm
Initiate
Initiate

A couple years ago, I had a huge passion for Warlord. Hell, I'll get a nostalgic thought, at times, even to this day, definitely my whole life. Many fond memories have been made because of this game. No matter the problems that came about, I always remember that it still brought people together and allowed many lasting connections to happen. I want to say thank you to everyone I ever played against or trade with, even everyone I didn't get a chance to meet. I am grateful and appreciate every moment I have come to experience with Warlord.

I have not been to this website in quite a long time and just entered my head a couple minutes ago. As I started to search for it, fears of it finally dieing crept into my thoughts. Clicking on the General forum link and finding this post had came as the sign that confirmed my thoughts. I never knew Jeremiah that deeply as a person, as we never ran into each other other than big tournaments. Oddly enough, we always played each other right before top 8, by some weird chance. I never liked having to play against him, as he meant I had to be serious to win. He was a skilled individual at this game, with brilliant strategies and want to express my deepest thanks, Jeremiah. He held so much love for this game and his passion will be sorely missed.

Jeremiah Uselton, I will not mourn your death, but celebrate your life and honor the memories that were made.

Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:37 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

:(

I didn't know him, but I think I met him at some point during Gencon '08... I get the impression that he was one of the best guys to play against, both because of his skill at Warlord and his character as a person. I can only say that I wish I had been able to make more events to develop the friendship many of you had.

It's a shame that what's left of the Warlord community, and the world, lost him.

- David

Lost Paladin

Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:40 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next