View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Welcome My Elven Friends... 
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Welcome My Elven Friends...
You walk into a temple shaped out of bones and see your host and the other end of a huge table.

Welcome. I am Stormcrow. Have a glass of bloody wine? Ahem.

This portion by Stormcrow is currently updated to Sneak Attack.
Fighter warlords- 2 - Lord Winter & Jolan Yew
Cleric warlords- 5 - Behlial, Havelin Tansiq, Bronwen Tansiq, Kolivan, & Rustiq Umbala
Wizard warlords- 6 - Tepheroth, Morghen, Saunginel, Coreos Bodach, Keira Syneri & Lekar Osud
Rogue warlords- 4 - Rathe, Cathel Rowan, Caibre Netheryn & Laurena Kennet
Classless/Multiclass- 4 - Ichærus, Adoramus Te, Feyd Rowan & Raziel
Overlords - 2 - Je'lial and Beradah Dythanus
Medusan Lords - 4 - Cear Adinerach, Mithglyn, The Queen of Syneri and Irad Syneri

Now lets begin with our High Queen, Tepheroth. She is a great warlord to be played with. She is most commonly seen with elves casting level one spells and she throws a chain lightning here or there. As the sets progresses so did she. Ilvion became a great weapon as well as Curse of Heartless Lies. She can now be played with undead decks unleashing zombies and skeletons on her command. Fell Blow is a great tool with her as more and more spells come out. Just look around here on the elven encampment.

The next warlord is Rathe. Ah yes a very good rogue warlord. He can be seen stealthy into armies or range striking opponents. A traditional Rathe deck would include BSD, Backstab, Assassination, Too Fast to See, and all the other rogue goodies. He is ment to played as a blitz warlord and does a good job of it too. Expect to have fun with him.

The warlord from AS is Behlial. A very powerful fella indeed. With him being a seer, a card drawing advantage, having any cleric, and merceanries at his disposal, he is one tough cookie to beat. He works best with mercs, but you can still have a very effective deck without them. I'm sure you have seen him around at a tournament or two, so you know what he is all about.

You nod your head yes.

Then came G&E, which Morghen poped out. With his own attachment, he is up there with Behlial. Not only he is a wizard that boots his fellow elf wizards, but he can blitz and build. A very versitile warlord. Not only that, but he is a necro, which gives him even more fun. What do you want to do with him? Blitz him or with spells, build him or his army? He is so fun and so powerful, do you agree?

Now lets talk about T&C. Lord (Fahlyn) Winter came out and not many people botherd with him. I did and he won me many tournaments early on. Now with more sets, he is up in power with many people. Winter is all blitz (Like most elf warlords). Bost his HP and with the help of Excessus, he tears through opponents ranks like no tomorrow. Again, another fun and powerful elf warlord.

Next set with a new elf warlord was NoV. This warlord, Ichærus was only recently becoming powerful. He was a hard guy to figure out early on, but thanks to all the sets now, it has helped him become a very good blitz warlord. Rafkin, his three classes, really help this wanna be king out. You do have to becarful with Summon Avatar, but with his Leveling capability, it's not much of a threat. One of my favorite warlords in the game!

Now there comes Siege, bringing out another very powerful elf warlord, Saunginel. This is one bad motha, but his art makes him look like a pushover. His ability to draw six cards and have a scribe feat makes slinging spells with him fun and dangerous. And sure, what the hell, give him another HP and the necro trait, that sure does help. He can be used with your basic offesive spells and is being used to bring out the undead legion.

C2A is a set with two warlords: Laurena Kennet and Jolan Yew. Lets talk Kennet. She isn't as popular with most of the elven warlords, but this bard babe wont take no for an answer. Being able to cast lvl one and two spells as well as being a rogue, can make her a dangerous warlord. She is fun with range strikes and using her bard ability, Try her out, you may like her. Next is Jolan Yew, my favortie warlord in the game. His ability to give the elves a range strike masters. He can devistate ranks in the safety of staying back. With nice elven range strike support, this ranger is one elf not to mess with.

Then AEG announced Betrayal. Bringing Havelin Tansiq, being the talk of the town. He is probly more powerful than Behlial and perhapes the most feared warlord in the game. He has the ability to give elves more hit points. Nice to work with elven partners such as Winter. Though, with some errata cards, it brought him down some, but he still gets the job done.

And now our human-elf warlord from Dominance, Adoramus Te. This masked wizard/cleric has the ability to cast the biggest of spells and items. You don't necessarily have to use big spells with him, he is both cleric and a wizard, you can blitz him faster with smaller spells and even pumping up other characters in your army.

Our first promo warlord, Kolivan, is a new blitz elf warlord that is a druid! This cleric has a unique ability to have pets attached to him and attack his enemies. He also has two attacks himself. His druid trait is what makes him special and his ability makes him fun. I can see at least two different types of decks with him. I can personally tell you that he is good a blitzing and don't forget that he is a cleric.
-The southern Kingdoms elf warlord, raziel, came into campaign eddition with no tricks, he could discard his crappy cards to discard his opponents cards, and use his very bad start to attempt to take his opponent down. but some people kept playing him as they thought he was cool, and he is. Then each set he's gotten stronger and stronger, and all the sudden, raziel won a con? really? And he still grew stronger and stronger untill he is the biggest choice for a tournament deck near the end of campaign edition! He outblitzes almost any deck and makes use of any one of his cards, most of this is thanks to isadra. Don't underestimate the mentalist trait.

-the campaign edition Warlord that came in the base set, a much stronger version of sjonegaard for the dwarves. He boosts all of his undead, and is a clerec necromancer? very odd at a first glimpse untill you realize he can use 1st and second level wizard actions. He also has the ability to move his undead, making his characters have potential huge! bonuses. He has many tricks up his sleave being part clerec, part wizard, part necromancer, and all elf!

-sneak attack brought a very protentious fellow, lekar osud who came out of almost nowhere to fight for... who now? he has the ability to scribe any type of card to him, he also is a summoner. But one of the most interesting parts about him is that all of his actions are spells, in combonation with corsis, he can use any action corsis can cast twice per turn. The most comborific warlord is lekar because he can hold the card untill you need it.

in counter attack came the archer from house glyn, Ahdre. He is both a scout and a bard, he can ditch a card to help an elf archer in need of his aim, or raise the dc check of one of you're elves' actions. Ahdre is my favorite warlord, because he can blitz and lock down, very effectively. Oh ya and don't forget that he has reposte +0 like all the other warlords in the set.

then in death's bargain, the set dealing with the discard pile and recursion, you'd think elves would get a good warlord, and you'd think correctly. Feyd Rowan is one level higher then he should be, being a 4th level rogue, wizard, and clerec. Not to methin he is also a necromancer AND undead. AND he can also throw his already dead elves at his opponents. He has many things going for him, and many ways to build his deck, he is very strong, all should fear him.

The set of the dragons showed a warlord that so many elf players were waiting to drool over. Cairbre Netheryn was introduced, the elf assassin! We would all just be satisfied by this. But he also has the ability to discard a card from his hand (oh big deal) and target a character who must make a dc check, or else you get to make them spend or take a wound. An assassin that can spend his opponents... You can probably fill in the rest of the tale.

elves were one of the chosen factions for the battlebox! Cathel rowan was introduced! He is the new scout for the elves, he produces two ranged strikes, and can spend his targed if he hits! He is very good at what he does, many think that he replaces Ahdre, but they are a bit different, Cathel should run less lockdown and more ranged strikes! He is also both campaign and epic legal

and the mighty champions, our warlord who was shown last: Keira Syneri! She isn't just you're every day elf wizard, she has the ability to take over her non-warlord opponents! at the only cost of only being able to do it once per turn. Of course the opponent would have to fail a DC check, but i'm sure you can find a way to make that more difficult for the opponent. It's fun taking over you're opponents characters, she is both campaign and epic legal.

Starting Characters:

Now let us talk about starting characters for the elves. The typical blitz line-up includes three Jigorals in the front and two Artheons in the second. A more build line-up has three Wretched Hordes in the front followed by two Wythiens in the second.
There are many line-ups which include three Bone Golems and two Andels, three Quadlibets and two Artheons, three Wretched Hordes and two Sakarian Bloodknights. Of course there are special cases where line-ups have three Wretched Hordes a Zachary Blaise and Elemere.
There are many different line-ups out there, but these are the most common you will see.

Houses:

House Calix - Where the queen resides, practices necromantic magic. The dominate house of the elven society. And it seem Calix has a thing for spiders. Calix is also a house of royalty, this is usually where the ruler of the elves come from. Loyal to this house: Absinthe, Lathos, Tepheroth, Valanthe, Vereshja, Ilvion, Qephire, Nemeseth, Vorg

House Syneri - They practice arcane magic, any other type of magic that doesn't deal with necromancy. They work on creating magical items and are feared through times of war. Artheon leads the house curretly. Loyal to this house: Artheon, Elenitakis, Phon, Quinthe, Sedwin Elfhunter, Lord Winter, Zephiros, Achilleus, Arionrhod, Adoramus Te

House Glyn - Archery and security. They are in charge of keeping the elven forest safe. The leader of this house is unkown at this time. Loyal to this house: Cymaniel, Elemere, Gueniveure, Tareshinal, Elees, Vivian, Whispershot, Jolan Yew

House Dythanus - Invention of necromancy and is practiced. And the elves here seem to be very loyal to this house. Although Morghen is the true leader, many elves dont know his exsistance yet, so Cordeos is in charge to many. Loyal to this house: Cordeos, Dythanus' Slaves, Ellyah, Geltran, Krait, Morghen Dythanus, Othoreos, Cestrel the Shaper, Fethinos, Silith Elestra

House Rowan - Exiled because these diplomats were viewed as too soft. Alia is the leader of this house right now. Loyal to this house: Kether, Alia, Taraniel

House Wyrian - Now house Netheryn. Many priests come from here. House Wyrian traditionally dislikes necromancy, and at one point led the way in discovering other means of immortality. Unfortunately, Wyrian's distaste for necromancy did not impact their blasphemous designs, and the House was broken for crimes that not even the other Elves could justify. House Netheryn is ruled by [a successful implementation of the Wyrian experiment] Ichaerus. Ichy was personally responsible for keeping much of the Elves' greatest members alive during the Geas, an act which earned his House a reinstatement, though he was hoping to become High King. Loyal to this house: Amberlyn, Danae, Draven, Ichaerus, Quadlibet, Rocetmal, Thekem, Nanji

House Tansiq - Shunned. House Tansiq was home to the finest killers of a race of murderers. Like Wyrian, Tansiq discovered alternate means of immortality, independent of necromancy. Like Wyrian, Tansiq was broken for crimes that the Elves could not tolerate. They are widely believed destroyed. The leader of this house is unkown (it's not Havelin).
Loyal to this house: Andel, Havelin Tansiq, Narasis, T'kilth

Warlords (Story) and other important Elf characters:

Tepheroth - Is the leader of House Calix and the elves. She knows all the true leaders of the houses. She uses Draven to send her orders to her generals and leaders. She has plans to reserect Dythanus.

Rathe - Storyline coming soon.

Behlial - An immortal and a Priest of Blood. He resides in Athanaes and leads a clerical guild. More to come.

Morghen - Is the son of Dythanus and saw him challenge Syneri in a dispute. He lost when Syneri stabed Dythanus with his knife (Syneri's Blade) and then leaving to tell the humans of the elves plans. Morghen swore to kill Syneri and his father drew his spirit into him. Morghen is currently searching for Syneri's book.

Lord Winter - Lord Winter which carries the name Fahlyn Winter and recieved a ring from his former master, Syneri. But betrayed Syneri when he refused to bring his wife back to life after she saved his life. Morghan is helping Winter to track down Syneri to try and kill him. Winter uses the ring, Syneri gave him to become 'the death of all things' and seeks out Syneri. After the transformation from the ring, Winter is no longer truly an elf.

Ichærus - Was the result of a succefull experiment performed by House Wyrian and was responsible keeping much of the Elves' greatest members alive during the Geas and expected to become High King because of it. Some how or another he didn't recieve this title and so is not loyal to the queen. He also can speak several tongues that mortals can't.

Saunginel - Is one of Tepheroths generals who was ordered to lead an army of Elves and undead against the Free Kingdoms and Dwarves entrenched within Merrick. Despite the Free Kingdom/Dwarf alliance not lasting, however, this was viewed as an utter failure. Combined with the losses Saunginel's army suffered at Toris Kelt, he's on a short leash these days.

Laurena Kennet - No information is available.

Jolan Yew Is part of the security force under House Glyn. Tepheroth is manipulating him, though it is not needed. Jolan's loyalties to Tepheroth surpass his more personal concerns.

Havelin Tansiq - Is not the leader of House Tansiq but rather a lord from there. The head of Tansiq is someone in print, but who keeps their true nature secret. For his part, Havellin just wants to return his house to its "proper" station, regardless of whether the other Elves are willing to accept him and his.

Adoramus Te - Coming soon.

Kolivan - Doesn't seem to look like an elf, but his info is coming soon as well.

Raziel - Coming soon.

Rustiq Umbala - Coming soon.

Lekar Osud - Coming soon.

Ahdre – Coming Soon

Feyd Rowan – Coming Soon

Je'lial - Is the product of the Ten and their first failure. She was ordered to assassinate those responcible for the Assassin’s Strike. She may hold the key to uncovering a conspiracy almost as old as the First War itself!

Cear Adinerach - Not much known other than he carried out the famous Assassin's Strike. A big organized plan to assassinate many great leaders.

Mithglyn - A very skilled archer, which Adarymy has encoutered at least twice. Once, long ago, when she was being trained by Grogan. Mithglyn killed him. Adarymy encounted her again when she was attempting to retake Baraxton.

Asta Syneri - AKA, The Queen of Syneri. A kind and caring elf. She was murdered by Morghan (If he could not find Syneri himself, then he would kill a Syneri) and resurected by him. Morghan hoped she would join with him in his conquest, but Atu Amani had seen this in a vision and hopes to try and change Asta back to her good side before it's too late.

Kablah - A non printed character who is mentioned as a general for Tepheroth. Will we see him as a warlord in the future? Perhaps in this next set!?

Warlord Elven Facts:

http://www.warlordrpg.com/resources/elf.html

An average elf life span is about 20-30 years, though most spend their lives learning to become imortal, with few ever succeding.
Unlike traditional elves in other stories, these elves have bone ridges across their brow/forehead instead of pointy ears.
Elves are reptiles. They have very fine scales (you can notice them on Llyn Hunters work more often).
Elves as a faction tend to be evil alligned, but are not malicious, because the greatest crime to them is to kill another elf.
Raising elves as common undead (i.e. skeletons and zombies) is actually somewhat rare, and viewed as sacrilige. That the artwork for the Skeleton and Zombie cards shows distinctly elven undead is a sign of the Elves' present desperation. An avalanche near Toris Kelt destroyed most of the undead conscripts in the Elven armies.
Elves live in the Forest.
The elves are represented with seven houses, but only 4 are not shunned or exiled, though some elves dont affiliate with any of the houses.
Petrichanor is a city in Calix, where legend has it, the the first elf was born in the forest past it.
Athanaes is the land where Behlial resides. It is west of Tseluse and south of Sarakia.
The seven houses are named after their founders; Calix, Syneri, Glyn, Dythanus, Rowan, Wyrian, and Tansiq.
They are decedents of Dragons.

Whats that, you have to leave? But wait, don't go yet, don't you have anything to say? Questions or comments?

Originally Posted By Stormcrow, updates will be credited as they are completed
Warlords Updated by MDTailz

Last edited by MadAsAHatter on Wed May 10, 2006 8:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:55 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post Thanks
Hey thanks for posting my message up on here. I'm going on leave pretty soon from Iraq and I plan to do a little updating to this thing when I can. Though it may take some time as I haven't seen nor played this game in a long while. But thanks again.

Sun May 08, 2005 1:39 am
Profile YIM WWW
Lava Shark
Lava Shark

Post Re: Thanks
Stormcrow wrote:
Hey thanks for posting my message up on here. I'm going on leave pretty soon from Iraq and I plan to do a little updating to this thing when I can. Though it may take some time as I haven't seen nor played this game in a long while. But thanks again.

Hey there, dude. When you get back, contact me via email or PM on the temple. I'm the resident BH in the area, and we'll get you hooked up with the latest.

-nihil

Arven wrote:
You are correct on all counts.

Yamauta wrote:
Thank you Nihil. That badass post was one of the most informative posts I've ever seen here...

Fintago wrote:
...Nihil...When someone puts a keyboard in front of you, you become the worst kind of person. I mean Christ.

Sun May 08, 2005 5:12 am
Profile WWW
n00b
n00b

CHEEEEEEEEEEEESE!!!!!!!!11

Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Elves rule

devs. drule :P

Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:36 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Someone feel free to update this if they want. i havent played in two years so im sure there is alot of updating huh?

RIP to the Rock soldiers of the 503rd and to the Manchus of 1-9.

Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:16 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Initiate
Initiate

Raziel frakking rocks.Definitely better than that ichy.

Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:40 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

When I get some time I really am gonna try to update this thing!

Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

is there a reason there's nothing much about the nimbic..."love"

which house(s) actually did the experiments that resulted in nimbics??

The reason there is little about the Nimbics is because they werent much around when the last real update was done....a long time ago.

But, as it is I believe it was Ichaerus and those dogs of House Netheryn that created the little ones.

Order of the Doomed Liver

Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:42 pm
The Shadow Silencer
The Shadow Silencer

well, i can write some stuff about the warlords, it's stalling me going out and excersizing :P
you can put it up if you want, if not i don't mind at all, i'm not a very good writer anyways

-The southern Kingdoms elf warlord, raziel, came into campaign eddition with no tricks, he could discard his crappy cards to discard his opponents cards, and use his very bad start to attempt to take his opponent down. but some people kept playing him as they thought he was cool, and he is. Then each set he's gotten stronger and stronger, and all the sudden, raziel won a con? really? And he still grew stronger and stronger untill he is the biggest choice for a tournament deck near the end of campaign edition! He outblitzes almost any deck and makes use of any one of his cards, most of this is thanks to isadra. Don't underestimate the mentalist trait.

-the campaign edition Warlord that came in the base set, a much stronger version of sjonegaard for the dwarves. He boosts all of his undead, and is a clerec necromancer? very odd at a first glimpse untill you realize he can use 1st and second level wizard actions. He also has the ability to move his undead, making his characters have potential huge! bonuses. He has many tricks up his sleave being part clerec, part wizard, part necromancer, and all elf!

-sneak attack brought a very protentious fellow, lekar osud who came out of almost nowhere to fight for... who now? he has the ability to scribe any type of card to him, he also is a summoner. But one of the most interesting parts about him is that all of his actions are spells, in combonation with corsis, he can use any action corsis can cast twice per turn. The most comborific warlord is lekar because he can hold the card untill you need it.

in counter attack came the archer from house glyn, Ahdre. He is both a scout and a bard, he can ditch a card to help an elf archer in need of his aim, or raise the dc check of one of you're elves' actions. Ahdre is my favorite warlord, because he can blitz and lock down, very effectively. Oh ya and don't forget that he has reposte +0 like all the other warlords in the set.

then in death's bargain, the set dealing with the discard pile and recursion, you'd think elves would get a good warlord, and you'd think correctly. Feyd Rowan is one level higher then he should be, being a 4th level rogue, wizard, and clerec. Not to methin he is also a necromancer AND undead. AND he can also throw his already dead elves at his opponents. He has many things going for him, and many ways to build his deck, he is very strong, all should fear him.

The set of the dragons showed a warlord that so many elf players were waiting to drool over. Cairbre Netheryn was introduced, the elf assassin! We would all just be satisfied by this. But he also has the ability to discard a card from his hand (oh big deal) and target a character who must make a dc check, or else you get to make them spend or take a wound. An assassin that can spend his opponents... You can probably fill in the rest of the tale.

elves were one of the chosen factions for the battlebox! Cathel rowan was introduced! He is the new scout for the elves, he produces two ranged strikes, and can spend his targed if he hits! He is very good at what he does, many think that he replaces Ahdre, but they are a bit different, Cathel should run less lockdown and more ranged strikes! He is also both campaign and epic legal

and the mighty champions, our warlord who was shown last: Keira Syneri! She isn't just you're every day elf wizard, she has the ability to take over her non-warlord opponents! at the only cost of only being able to do it once per turn. Of course the opponent would have to fail a DC check, but i'm sure you can find a way to make that more difficult for the opponent. It's fun taking over you're opponents characters, she is both campaign and epic legal.

I didn't re-read anything i wrote. so if you do post it feel free to scrap/change/correct/add, parts of/to it. :D

Melon wrote:
elves don't need undead cows

Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:54 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Location: At EL:ITE, with dice in hands and many friends around!
I don't see Irad Syneri... :devious: :twisted:

CYA
:wink:

Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:49 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

A lot of the info that I wrote came from the story team when I asked. I see someone else has started to update it a little. Right now I am way too far behind to attempt an update and being in Ramadi doesnt help either. Maybe when I get out of the army I can get back into warlord. But I have so much catching up to do, so many cards in which I have no clue what they do nor the warlords or how to play them. But thanks for the update!

Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:46 am
Profile YIM WWW
Command Staff
Command Staff

more info on the medusans can be in the Compendium in the story forum.

And a minor correction, Behlial is a Priest of Spirit, as per the RPG.

I have known scholars and shamen. I have seen holymen and madmen. I've conversed with sages and sinners. I've met heroes and villains. And in the end, I wonder, which am I?

Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:33 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]