View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
The Elves of 4E: Raclesis 
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Post The Elves of 4E: Raclesis
As you wander the Elven camp you notice a sinister green mist floating in the air... heading toward YOU! Once again your luck hold out and you have the sense to hold your breath. As you run out of this odd fog you see some unfortunate soul was not so lucky. The poor soul attempts to gasp for clean air as he scratches at his throat, it is not long before he is dead. You look to where this poison mist originated and your eye fall upon....

Raclesis was the third elven warlord and first elven cleric in 4E. He was one of the first warlords that has dealt with the new Poison mechanic. The end result was..... less than effective. Poison is a new concept for 4e that seems to find themselves with Rogue, Cleric classes as well as the Elven faction. Poison has proven to still need work seeing that because it is split between two classes and just one faction it is hard to make an effective poison based deck.

Strengths and Weakness
Raclesis is a Cleric as I have gone over with Khilkameth means he works best in a support deck healing his characters. Now his weakness.... Poison. Yes the mechanic he is built around can be considered a weakness. His ability to poison a character has limited range needs a card in a discard pile and is only once per turn. The static penalties for being poisoned are not impressive either since it effect atk and skill but not ac.Since the Poison cards are split between two classes there are synergy issues with cards you choose to run, Most of the time the better poison cards are rogue action but that means you need a rogue to use the action or equip the item and it useless to the warlord if you don't have a rogue out.

Okay I usually try to start with Poor Man's decklist to start off as a base... let see how that works. in truth might be like Khilkameth decklist.

characters 25
Raclesis
Kornell Calix
Shadith Glyn
3x Amatria tansiq

3x Undead Sahuagin
2x Cyrus Netheryn
2x Remorna
2x Crypt Guardian
3x Yanthorine
2x Ebal
3x Severed of Bone
2x Rotale Dythanus

Actions 14
2x Final Blessing
3x Holy Might
3x Kor Patience
3x Debilitating Poison
3x Chosen

Items 11
3x Loyal Nag
2x Tuefeltiger's lies
2x Healing Potion
2x Blessed Vestments
2x Balian's Helm

The usual idea is to get you characters up and try to slow down your opponent. In this deck you want to get your either your Warlord or Severed the Bone to the front with all the equipment that gives the army the punch it needs. Be careful some Clerics are not meant to live in the front so most of the time you will try to send severed the Bone to the front.

Advanced Card options

There are some Character that work well with Raclesis depending on strategy

High level Calvary: you get higher level character even take from the mercenary card pool and stabilize the deck that way

Rogue/Cleric Range strike deck: Try to balance the rogues and clerics in the deck and try to make use of the poison trait. Suul is the ideal card for this idea and I tired to focus on getting his range strike stronger. I did this by incorporating some of the instructor set items into the decklist more notability Xiathes touch.

Cluster F@#K idea: I tried a decklist list that combined Suul's instructor set idea with Wizard nerco support.... In a nutshell I juggle wizard, rogue, cleric ideas into this deck. Suul was the main killer and I used cards like Cyrus Netheryn, Eldoreth to use Phantom Steed on either my characters or against the opposing characters.

Cards to Consider

Characters: metioned some from for the strategy list. Atheris, Kilis the Flesh, and Typyherracould be tried.

Item: as mentioned in other builds you want to try some of the cleric staples. Calliphate Mailis good,Hod's Legacy and Potion of Vigor can help you ready characters since you are not a druid. other cards mentioned would be here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=33697

Actions: Not many great poison action out there Cure Lethal Woundsand Minor Miracle goes in every Cleric deck. Revigorate will also help ready your characters

and there assessment of Raclesis is done. He has never made it to the finals or won a tournament but may just maybe you can find the a way to do it. Good Luck :thumbsup:

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favour fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
- Robert Frost "Fire and Ice"

Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:10 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

Post Re: The Elves of 4E: Raclesis
Suul is the only reason to play Raclesis. What Rac's really missing is some form of rankless way to Poison someone.

So, yes, Good Luck indeed. With Khilkameth out now, there's very little reason to play Raclesis over him - and Rac was considered one of the worst 4e WL's before Khilkameth.

Raclesis is certainly a self-imposed challenge if you enter a tourny with him. :lol:

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:41 am
Spammer Supreme
Spammer Supreme

Someone should put up a special prize for winning a big tournie with him then... like the "Worst Warlord" challenges people use to bring up in General...

Nah Zaxdad is just that good he doesn't even have to post in a thread to win it. :rofl:
-Geoff

Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:24 am
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Major thread necromancy!

I know not many people play Raclesis anymore, but there's still hope for this guy. In a recent Winter Campaign I went 3-2 with him, losing out of top 8 by something like 0.13 points due to strength of schedule. The event had 31 people in it. The deck I ran was cav with characters that worked with the poison trait (Flesh-Feeder, the new Valanthe, Indariel, Giant Scorpion, stuff like that) and the usual cleric support. Spiked Ale and his order help a lot with those characters, and some of them give out the poison trait themselves.

Give the guy a try again. I bet you'll be surprised at how well he can do. :yes:

2012 NJ Winter Campaign - First place (Set'Rokh)
GenCon 2012 - Top 4 Singles (Set'Rokh)
GenCon 2012 - Top 2 Doubles (Set'Rokh/King Alaric)

Tue May 01, 2012 8:37 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

He's still a headache for me.

"We're just like Kevin Bacon!" - Anton Cyldragen
nilonka wrote:
there are five people on this website anymore, Woodrow: me you, Nihil, Wendy, and they guy who loves Trench as a warlord. You can't afford to disagree. WE NEED THESE TOURNEY KITS!!!!!

Thu May 17, 2012 6:13 pm
Initiate
Initiate

Does anyone have an updated deck list for this guy? I can't seem to find anything even remotely up to date on him, especially with the latest City of Gold stuff.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:54 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

PM Nilonka.

"We're just like Kevin Bacon!" - Anton Cyldragen
nilonka wrote:
there are five people on this website anymore, Woodrow: me you, Nihil, Wendy, and they guy who loves Trench as a warlord. You can't afford to disagree. WE NEED THESE TOURNEY KITS!!!!!

Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]