View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Rathe 
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Post Rathe
Rathe is my favorite warlord ever. So versatile. I would love to have him back but he would need an upgrade to deal with these new and improved field of warlords. If rather came back what would he do? Can I please have rather back? Or make him an overlord challenge, or a dl or something. Please=]

Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:56 am
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Post Re: Rathe
He doesn't need an upgrade. His power has been consistent throughout all of Warlord. While his movement has high cost I consider him more reliable than De'zicriah. I actually consider that if he had scout he'd be overpowered and that the upgrade most people seemed to want to give him. He's been consistently strong no matter how much 1 hit kill tech they take away. He's strong without Assassination/Vorpal Blade, without Yedraw's Tooth and any other kill tricks I missed during Epic.

Rathe is and always has been one of my favourite Elf warlords (behind Tepheroth) and I've been meaning to build a new deck for him.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:51 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

I would not want the scout trait to be honest. I like the fact that rathe will stab you. I bounce back and forth from first to second rank. Coming down hard on spent characters. I abused artek badly when he was the meta in ce. And, rathe was a great wyvern killer as well. We elves had great recusion then and I could always have a front rank for them to crushonly to shade lion react for the backstab goodness. Treyak makes rathe very happy as well. I have found his skill to be lacking. Especially by todays standards. A subclass might be nice ut some new cool art would be nicer.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:27 am
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

That's the way to play him. His movement is crazy good. He blitzes, retreats to protect himself and then comes back to stab the opposing Warlord in the face - and new cards like Reconnaissance make it even easier to chase support warlords.

All this talking about Rathe makes me really want to build him now. Which leads to the next question - Tooth, toothless, Vorpal Assassin... What to build...

Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:06 pm
Blue Dice of Doom
Blue Dice of Doom

Here I would have to refer all to Nihilistiskism's Rathe tech, uber, front rank, and dirty'ly consistent.

No need for upgrade.

Richard Carter - 2002 (Scrub player), 2003 (undefeated Swiss with Kerebrus), 2004 (4th at KOHIT with Dezicrah), 2005 (Dragonlord & World Conquest Team), 2006 (Editor, PDT member, & Majeral runner), 2007 ( Medusan Lord, & Bobby Zebrowski's Hero), 2008 (Ghed Jaroslav, Soul of the Storm, 4e Design Team), 2009 (Soul of the Storm falls, Gixu the Jester rises), 2010 (Jernar Thanatoc falls), 2011 (Bobby Zebrowski's sloppy second Gixu), 2012 (Driver of Atu the Fallen)

Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:50 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Black steel daggers for the win! Unless you need the assasination vorpal kill. BSD plus whirlwind would be really nice. If you are going with open format run meta taht stops them from spending you or canceling your big hit. Yeah bsd is the shazzle. Go bsd!

Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]