View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Lord Winter? 
Warlord
Warlord

Post Lord Winter?
Is there a fiction for winter? What is the most recent information we have on his backstory?

Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:41 pm
Profile WWW
Command Staff
Command Staff

Post Re: Lord Winter?
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=25271

This is all we got.

The rest is in the RPG. Basically Winter and his followers are hold up on his Plane of Ice. If he stays there long enough he can ascend to godhood. If he loses his ring, he can become a bascarite god. (Syneri's ring is the only thing keeping the taint of Bascaron from corrupting him)

I have known scholars and shamen. I have seen holymen and madmen. I've conversed with sages and sinners. I've met heroes and villains. And in the end, I wonder, which am I?

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:14 pm
Profile WWW
Command Staff
Command Staff

Elex wrote:
http://www.temple-of-lore.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=25271

This is all we got.

The rest is in the RPG. Basically Winter and his followers are hold up on his Plane of Ice. If he stays there long enough he can ascend to godhood. If he loses his ring, he can become a bascarite god. (Syneri's ring is the only thing keeping the taint of Bascaron from corrupting him)

Its not if he stays there long enough, he simply needs enough people (likely elves) to worship him as a god. However, that concept is so foreign to elves it will likely never happen.

Were he to loose Syneri's ring, he could start gaining bascarite worshippers and ascend in that manner.

Religion and churches are horrible things thought up by humans to judge and persecute those whom are not of their religion. They allow for fanatics to ruin a perfectly good faith by taking out extreme actions in the name of their god.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:35 pm
Profile YIM
Command Staff
Command Staff

It's both. The blurb says that if he returns and expands the plane and his mortal followers, he can become a minor god. It would take centuries for him to become as strong as any of the 'established' pantheon gods though.

I have known scholars and shamen. I have seen holymen and madmen. I've conversed with sages and sinners. I've met heroes and villains. And in the end, I wonder, which am I?

Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:18 am
Profile WWW
Command Staff
Command Staff

I was going by the write up provided in the rpg.

Religion and churches are horrible things thought up by humans to judge and persecute those whom are not of their religion. They allow for fanatics to ruin a perfectly good faith by taking out extreme actions in the name of their god.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Profile YIM
Command Staff
Command Staff

As was I.

First two lines:
"Should Winter return and spend more time expanding both his plane and his mortal followers, he may yet become a god."

Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:35 am
Profile WWW
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

What's the latest on his bride Arionrhod? I remember some flavor text saying that
they needed to rescue her asap.

If her fate is still up for grabs I'd like to see her remain a ghost but in a stable form.

"A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn."

Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:38 am
Command Staff
Command Staff

Nothing as far as I know. There was a time when it seemed she'd been reincarnated as a living elven fighter, but I think after that she was released as a ghost again.

Allessia http://www.temple-of-lore.com/spoiler/search_results.php?name=&text=&flavor=Winter&ftraits=&artist=&type=-1&alignment=-1&atkcount-cmp=1&atkcount-val=&ac-cmp=1&ac-val=&skill-cmp=1&skill-val=&hp-cmp=1&hp-val=&level-cmp=1&level-val=&set=-1&rarity=-1&edition=-1&feat-1-cmp=1&feat-1-val=&feat-2-cmp=1&feat-2-val=&feat-3-cmp=1&feat-3-val=&feat-4-cmp=1&feat-4-val=&feat-5-cmp=1&feat-5-val=&feat-6-cmp=1&feat-6-val=&feat-7-cmp=1&feat-7-val=&feat-8-cmp=1&feat-8-val=&feat-9-cmp=1&feat-9-val=&feat-10-cmp=1&feat-10-val=&feat-11-cmp=1&feat-11-val=&feat-12-cmp=1&feat-12-val=&feat-13-cmp=1&feat-13-val=

Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:06 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]