View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:38 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
To All Warlords 
The Loremaster
The Loremaster

Post To All Warlords
Warlords,

Though these first words will betray the purpose of this letter many of you have already read the announcement on warlordccg.com. It truly is with a heavy heart that I write to you. The time has come to draw the curtain on the printed version of the CCG.

Warlord has been both a great game and an amazing community. Warlord was a great success for AEG and for many years it was a major hit. However in recent times and for reasons as varied as they are numerous, the game is no longer financially viable for AEG.

As you know we attempted to find ways to continue the product with the Warlord Advisory Team, made up of leaders of the community. They came up with many ideas for promoting the game and thoughts on how to do a new edition. However, after much discussion with both distributors and retailers, we have no choice but to bring the battles of the Deverenians, Elves, and Nothrog to an end.

This is especially difficult for me, but I wanted to be the one to tell you. As you know, Warlord has been a huge part of my life. I would not be where I am today without it. I wanted nothing more than to find a way to make Warlord a hit yet again, but in the end it was not to be. After many months of debating, John Z and I finally realized that we were thinking with our hearts and not with our heads, and right now AEG needs leadership that thinks with their heads.

I met some of the best people I’ve ever known during my time in Warlord. The creation of the Temple of Lore took me from a small town in Mississippi to now the Brand Manager of L5R, one of the longest running and respected CCGs in the market. I know that few are interested in hearing this right now, but I do hope that many of you will come join me on the “other side.”

Thank you all for enjoying our product. The times at KoHIT, GenCon, the Conquests, and more spent with you guys was among the most enjoyable in AEGs history. I personally won’t forget being dogpiled at the MidSouthCon multiplayer, or watching players race around the Strategic Warlord tables at KoHIT. The homemade mead at KoHIT was pretty nice too… The fun that you all had with us was all we could have asked for, and we hope those good memories will stay with you in the years to come.

Thank you,
Todd C. Rowland
The Loremaster
Alderac Entertainment Group

Though it would probably stay at the top anyway, this should be sticky. -AragornRoR

Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:58 pm
Profile WWW
Kavara's Vengeance
Kavara's Vengeance

Post Re: To All Warlords
Todd wrote:
Warlords,

Though these first words will betray the purpose of this letter, it truly is with a heavy heart that I write to you. The time has come to draw the curtain on the printed version of the CCG.

Warlord has been both a great game and an amazing community. Warlord was a great success for AEG and for many years it was a major hit. However in recent times and for reasons as varied as they are numerous, the game is no longer financially viable for AEG.

As you know we attempted to find ways to continue the product with the Warlord Advisory Team, made up of leaders of the community. They came up with many ideas for promoting the game and thoughts on how to do a new edition. However, after much discussion with both distributors and retailers, we have no choice but to bring the battles of the Deverenians, Elves, and NoThRoG to an end.

This is especially difficult for me, but I wanted to be the one to tell you. As you know, Warlord has been a huge part of my life. I would not be where I am today without it. I wanted nothing more than to find a way to make Warlord a hit yet again, but in the end it was not to be. After many months of debating, John Z and I finally realized that we were thinking with our hearts and not with our heads, and right now AEG needs leadership that thinks with their heads.

I met some of the best people I’ve ever known during my time in Warlord. The creation of the Temple of Lore took me from a small town in Mississippi to now the Brand Manager of L5R, one of the longest running and respected CCGs in the market. I know that few are interested in hearing this right now, but I do hope that many of you will come join me on the “other side.”

Thank you all for enjoying our product. The times at KoHIT, GenCon, the Conquests, and more spent with you guys was among the most enjoyable in AEGs history. I personally won’t forget being dogpiled at the MidSouthCon multiplayer, or watching players race around the Strategic Warlord tables at KoHIT. The homemade mead at KoHIT was pretty nice too… The fun that you all had with us was all we could have asked for, and we hope those good memories will stay with you in the years to come.

Thank you,
Todd C. Rowland
The Loremaster
Alderac Entertainment Group

Only fitting the creator of the Home for Warlord, the Loremaster himself would be the one to deliever the blow. It means alot for you come back to the community you help bring together and give the bad news. Sorry it had to happen, but I for one understand AEG's reasoning with it. You have me, regardless Todd. Marcelo won't let me go.

Defeated Medusan Lord, BH 743

So we should just nuke jersey from orbit, just to be sure.

Backstreet's back, alright.
66 pages and counting

Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:05 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

Wow.

Goodbye, Warlord.

Goodbye...AEG?

:cry:

:D

Wilfred wrote:
Thanks to you I'm going to town on the deepest throat in the animal kingdom.

Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:05 pm
The Loremaster
The Loremaster

just_porter wrote:
Goodbye...AEG?

To address that question, which I'm certain would come up, no there is definitely no goodbye AEG. AEG is in a very strong position right now and "that other game" is doing incredibly well for the company. We are making choices about the future direction of the company that are very exciting. However part of change comes with letting go of things, and even though I love Warlord and its characters with all my heart (I really do, hell my wife is in the game!), we had to make the choice we did.

Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:08 pm
Profile WWW
Kavara's Vengeance
Kavara's Vengeance

just_porter wrote:
Wow.

Goodbye, Warlord.

Goodbye...AEG?

Porter, AEG won't just release a game without a plan. I doubt this is the end of AEG.

Defeated Medusan Lord, BH 743

So we should just nuke jersey from orbit, just to be sure.

Backstreet's back, alright.
66 pages and counting

Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:08 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

*Sigh* I will post my thoughts on this later after I cool down.

I will say this right now though, we seriously must all work together to rebuild Open or make a player run format. I sadly knew that this was going to happen with the transition to the Online game and of course I had a pretty good idea that Tomb was going to be what Warlord would turn into.

Keeping the Faith,
-Ross

Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
Command Staff
Command Staff

Batesb wrote:
just_porter wrote:
Wow.

Goodbye, Warlord.

Goodbye...AEG?

Porter, AEG won't just release a game without a plan. I doubt this is the end of AEG.

I think you and Todd misunderstand Porter, he's not saying it's the end of AEG he's saying it's the end of his relationship with AEG.

Likely will be for me too since Warlord was the only thing keeping me in the CCG world, I won't be picking up another at least not for a long time. It's been some great times but life changes and we have to move on.

I'll miss a lot of people, I'm afraid to name them all lest I forget someone.

Thanks for the good times...

Rod

Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:13 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

:sadorc: :cry: ( Expected but always bad to hear. )

Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:17 pm
Command Staff
Command Staff

Sad to hear it go. I might try Warlord Online, excepting the fact that I'd have to reinvest the dollars and years to get to the point I'm at now.

Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:39 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Todd wrote:
Warlords,

The time has come to draw the curtain on the printed version of the CCG.

Does this mean that the warlord online will continue?

Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:43 pm
The Loremaster
The Loremaster

puzzlehunter wrote:
I think you and Todd misunderstand Porter, he's not saying it's the end of AEG he's saying it's the end of his relationship with AEG.

Oh no, I thought that might be what he is saying. And that's the decision for each of you to make. I certainly hope you'll look into the new things we are doing, but I understand if you don't.

In the end we're still the same bunch who likes making games, and we hope to give people the same fun experiences regardless of the games we're making.

And as I said earlier I really like the Warlord players and I'd hope I'd see them again in another setting.

Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
Command Staff
Command Staff

Wanderer wrote:
Todd wrote:
Warlords,

Yep - Warlord Online is taking over.

Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:46 pm
Outer Circle
Outer Circle

Wow. Very sad day for me today. It marks the end of an era for me. Not only is my favorite store closing, but the one game I play all the time is gone also. I can't play onine right now. It would take a huge sum of money to build up to what I have now. I re-started Warlord after Dragon's Fury was released and don't have the old open cards everyone uses. So I am stuck both ways. I can't join the open group because I am at a great dissadvantage and I don't want to join the online group because I would need the capital to build up from nothing. I can't sell my cards because they are all EE and open players (usually) have the EE cards. In my opinion the cards I have right now went from a valuable trade commodity to, well shall I say it, paper I use to you know what with. Sorry, that is just my opinion and predicament right now. :shrug:

Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:53 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

Oremm wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
Todd wrote:
Warlords,

Yep - Warlord Online is taking over.

Well I need to get that working on my PC since the laptop crashed. I am really sorry the printed version go ,but maybe we make the online work well if we get new content.

Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:57 pm
Inner Circle
Inner Circle

You are entitled to your opinion, but I am not going to tolerate any direct attacks on anyone who has worked on the game. - Todd

Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:00 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 268 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next